State Exterior Quarantine
A quarantine is established against the following pest, its hosts, and possible carriers:
A. Pest. Hydrilla, Hydrilla verticillata, an aquatic weed that can, by its thick growth, restrict water flow and make recreational lakes and ponds unusable.
B. Area Under Quarantine. All States, Districts and Territories of the United States.
C. Articles and Commodities Covered.
1. Hydrilla plants or parts of plants capable of growing, including parts of stems, tubers, and turions.
2. Any products, articles, implements, conveyances (including boats), or any appliances capable of transporting viable plant parts of hydrilla.
3. Aquatic plants including those used as vegetation in shipments of live fish.
1. Articles and commodities covered in (C.1) are prohibited entry into California from the area under quarantine.
2. Articles and commodities covered in (C.2) from the area under quarantine are subject to inspection upon entry into California and, if found contaminated with hydrilla, shall be cleaned to eliminate hydrilla, treated for hydrilla by a method approved by the director, or returned out-of-state to the shipper.
3. Articles and commodities covered in (C.3) are prohibited entry into California from the area under quarantine unless accompanied by a certificate issued by a plant regulatory official of the state of origin, verifying the shipment is free of hydrilla.